Wednesday 13 December 2023

It's coming on Christmas.

 A new story of mine, "Lottie and the River", will appear in the Christmas issue of New Scientist, with a publication date of December 16th. Not only that, but it's a (mildly) Christmas-themed story. I'm extremely happy to have had this chance to contribute a bit of fiction to NS. Many thanks to Alison Flood and all at NS for having me onboard.

I won't say anything else about the story except that it's 3500 words and not connected to anything else I've done, but it is science fiction, and the illustrations are gorgeous.

5 comments:

  1. Excited to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished reading “Lottie and the River” a wonderful story that brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing the link with us. Looking forward to “Machine Vendetta “ !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the heads up, heading over to read it now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it an exclusive or may it pop up in one of your collections eventually? Hard to get a sub to that mag where I am this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The contract allows for eventual republication, although it'll be a while before there's a new collection. The will is there, but I need to write a few more stories first. This year has been quite good, though.

      Delete