Wednesday, 7 October 2026

Cardiff Half completed

 Many thanks to all who donated to The Stroke Association in support of my Cardiff Half Marathon run on Sunday 4th October.

It was a glorious day, a last twinkle of summer (maybe), and the run was by far the most enjoyable of the three Cardiff Halves I've done. I paced myself a bit better, so I came in a bit slower than the previous two years, but the upside was that my recovery was much quicker. Normally I'd be saying never again, but I've already got my name in the ballot for next year's event.


Before the run.



At the Mile 7/12km mark.


And tea and medal(s) at the end, after 21.1 km.

29,000 people took part in the run, from all over the world, and the support from people along the course was phenomenal. Special thanks to my wonderful wife for getting me through the day and pampering me afterwards.

My music choices included Metric, Rush, Catherine Wheel and the Comsat Angels.

There's still a chance to drop some funds into the Stroke Association, should you wish.

https://cardiffhalf26.enthuse.com/pf/alastair-reynolds



Thank you again, and how lucky am I to have this glorious city on my doorstep.

Al R


No comments:

Post a Comment