Wednesday 24 July 2019

What the IF

Last week I had the great pleasure of taking part in the excellent What the IF podcast, hosted by Philip Shane and Matt Stanley. The starting point for our discussion was my story "Different Seas", which appeared in MIT Press's Twelve Tomorrows anthology, and the immersive telepresence technology that the story features.

Here's a link to the What the IF homepage:


and here's a direct link to my episode:


Thanks, Philip and Matt, for making it such fun.

If you'd like to catch up on the original story, here's a link to the MIT Press page for the book:



4 comments:

  1. Gonna check it out tonight, thanks for letting us know.

    On a somewhat related topic, yesterday I found an old interview/roundtable you did with Iain Banks and Peter Hamilton for Google Play back in 2012, and it was great seeing the three of you in conversation. For anyone interested, the interview is on Youtube:

    https://youtu.be/aZnZnza8Kng

    Also, any plans to do another Reddit AMA in the future?

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was great. I'm really looking forward to the story you mention your working on near the end. I've got to know how those robots avoid decommission!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool podcast! Glad to hear that Bone Silence is coming along; I'm very much looking forward to it. Here's to hoping the weather over there remains mild so that your writing room stays habitable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool - I love the Twelve Tomorrows anthologies. I have them all. They bring to mind my father's collection of Analog Science Fiction/Science Fact magazines. He had the original large format magazines from the early '60s

    ReplyDelete